Samburu Intrepids Camp
Samburu Intrepids Camp is a lush oasis on the banks of the great Uaso Nyiro River in Samburu Game Reserve. The tented luxury camp is a delight to be in – cooled by the river breeze and the forest. The camp sits on raised decks overlooking the brown river. Elephants sometimes make an appearance or the crocodiles come out to lounge by the river’s banks.
Samburu Intrepids Camp is a luxury tented camp located in the Samburu National Reserve, in northern Kenya. The camp is situated on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River, surrounded by acacia trees and with views of the stunning landscape and wildlife of the area.
The camp features 27 spacious tents, each with a private balcony overlooking the river, en-suite bathroom facilities, and comfortable furnishings. The tents are designed to provide guests with a traditional safari experience, while also offering modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, charging points, and room service.
Samburu Intrepids Camp offers a range of activities for guests to enjoy, including game drives, nature walks, bird watching, and cultural visits to the nearby Samburu village. Guests can also relax by the camp's outdoor pool, enjoy a massage at the spa, or dine at the on-site restaurant, which serves a variety of international and local cuisine.
The Camp is set in the Kenyan semi-arid north, offers 28 modern and refurbished tents with a private view over the wildlife-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River. Each tent sits on a raised deck overlooking the brown river. This is where the elephants sometimes make an appearance or the crocodiles come out to lounge by the river’s banks.
- 5 Hrs from Nairobi - Easy Drive
- Full Board accommodation
- Luxury Tented Camp
- Perfect for Families
- Game Drives opportunities
What are the 2023 Prices for Samburu Intrepids Camp?
Here are Samburu Intrepids Camp Resident Rates:
What Does PPS Mean? PPS (Per Person Sharing) means cost Per Adult when sharing the Room with another. Example KES 10,000/- PPS means, 2 Adults in 1 Room pay KES 20,000/-
Samburu Intrepids Camp Rates
|1st Jul 2023 – 31st Oct 2023||KES 12,000/- PPS||KES 18,000/- PP|
|1st Nov 2023 – 22nd Dec 2023||KES 10,800/- PPS||KES 16,200/- PP|
|23rd Dec 2023 – 2nd Jan 2024||KES 12,000/- PPS||KES 18,000/- PP|
Samburu Intrepids Camp are in KES, Per Person Sharing (Full Board), Per Night
Samburu Intrepids Camp Child Rates/Policy:
0 – 2.9 years: FREE
3 – 11 years Sharing with Adults: 50% of PPS
1 Child Sharing with 1 Adult: Single Rate
2 Children Sharing with 1 Adult: Double Rate (PPS x 2)
2 Children in Own Room: 75% of PPS, per Child
3 Children in own Room: Double Rate (PPS x 2)
1 Child in own Room: Single Room Rate
Samburu National Reserve, 2023 Park Fees /
Samburu Buffalo Springs National Reserve Fees /
Samburu Shaba National Reserve Park Fees:
|KENYA CITIZEN||EAST AFRICAN
|Adults (24 Hours)
Child (24 Hours)
|KES 500.00||KES 1,000.00||USD 70.00
What Hotel Facilities are available at Samburu Intrepids Camp?
Samburu Intrepids Camp offers a range of facilities to enhance the comfort and enjoyment of its guests. Some of the facilities available include:
- Accommodation: The camp features 27 spacious and well-appointed tents, each with en-suite bathroom facilities, private balconies with views of the river, and comfortable furnishings.
- Restaurant and bar: The Samburu Restaurant serves a daily changing menu of international and local cuisine, while the bar offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Pool: The camp has an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers, where guests can relax and cool off after a game drive or other activities.
- Spa: The camp's spa offers a range of massages and other treatments to help guests relax and unwind during their stay.
- Lounge and library: The camp has a lounge area and a library where guests can relax and read a book, play board games or enjoy a drink.
- Curio shop: The camp's curio shop sells a variety of souvenirs, clothing, and other items that guests can purchase to remember their stay at Samburu Intrepids Camp.
- Wi-Fi and charging points: The camp provides free Wi-Fi access and charging points in the tents and common areas, so guests can stay connected during their stay.
- Game drives and other activities: The camp offers a range of activities, including game drives, nature walks, bird watching, and cultural visits to the nearby Samburu village.
Which Rooms Types are in Samburu Intrepids Camp?
This tents boast the very latest in luxury camping; with soft beds; handsome mahogany closets and a writing desk; as well as an en-suite bathroom with a steaming hot shower; twin washbasins; a flush toilet; and sockets for shavers and battery charging.
Luxury Single Tent: The Luxury Tent is spacious covering 26 sq. meters and is fitted with a 150cmx190cm queen size bed or two twin beds of 90cmX190cm. Set under a palm-thatched roof with netted screens on either side to allow for the river breeze to keep them cool, the tents give you stunning views of the land that is Samburu.
Luxury Double Tent: This tent is spacious covering 26 sq. meters and is fitted with a 150cmx190cm queen size bed or two twin beds of 90cmX190cm. Set under a palm-thatched roof with netted screens on either side to allow for the river breeze to keep them cool, the tents give you stunning views of the land that is Samburu.
Family Tent: The Family Luxury Tent is two combined luxury tents with a sitting area. Pefect for families or 4 Adults.
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Samburu Intrepids Camp?
Samburu Intrepids Camp offers a variety of food and drink options for its guests, with an emphasis on fresh, locally sourced ingredients and international cuisine with a Kenyan twist.
The camp's main restaurant, the Samburu Restaurant, offers a daily changing menu with a range of dishes that cater to different dietary requirements, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. The restaurant also has a bar that serves a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including local and international beers, wines, and cocktails.
In addition to the main restaurant, the camp also offers a range of dining experiences, such as bush breakfasts and dinners, where guests can enjoy a meal in the wild, surrounded by the stunning scenery and wildlife of the reserve. Private dining can also be arranged upon request for special occasions.
For those who want to enjoy a drink or a snack by the pool, the camp has a pool bar that serves a selection of cocktails, fresh juices, and light bites.
Guests at Samburu Intrepids Camp can expect to enjoy a range of delicious and well-prepared food and drink options, with a focus on quality, freshness, and local flavors.
Which Hotel Activities are available for guests at Samburu Intrepids Camp?
Samburu Intrepids Camp offers a variety of activities for guests to enjoy during their stay. Here are some of the most popular:
- Game drives: Samburu National Reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, giraffes, and a range of antelope species. Game drives, either early in the morning or in the late afternoon, are an excellent way to see these animals in their natural habitat.
- Nature walks: A guided nature walk is a great way to explore the surrounding landscape and get a closer look at the flora and fauna of the area. The guides are knowledgeable about the local plants and animals, and can provide a unique perspective on the ecosystem.
- Cultural visits: Guests can visit the nearby Samburu village and learn about the local culture and way of life. The visit includes a tour of the village, a chance to meet the locals, and an opportunity to purchase handmade crafts and souvenirs.
- Bird watching: Samburu is a birdwatcher's paradise, with over 400 species of birds recorded in the reserve. The camp offers bird watching walks and drives led by experienced guides who can help identify the different species.
- Sundowners: Enjoy a refreshing drink and snack while watching the sun set over the African savannah. Sundowners can be arranged at a scenic location within the reserve.
- Swimming: Guests can take a dip in the camp's outdoor pool to cool off after a game drive or nature walk.