Lewa Safari Camp
Lewa Safari Camp has a stunning location within Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, with outstanding game viewing from camp and views ofMt. Kenya to the south and the arid lowlands to the north. Each tent has a thatched roof, verandah and full ensuite bathroom, very much in the ‘Lewa’ style.
The central areas have cool gardens with a sunny verandah and swimming pool to enjoy during the day, and cosy log fires in the lounge and dining room during the chilly evenings.The camp is based within the private 62,000 acre wildlife conservancy. The conservancy is home to about10% of Kenya’s black rhino population, and the single largest population of Grevy’s zebra in the world.
Lewa reinvests all the profits generated from tourism into its core programs. When you visit Lewa Safari Camp, you contribute to helping thousands of people from different backgrounds and cultures to improve their lives, and give their children a future, at the same time as ensuring Africa’s wildlife has a stable home.
Lewa Safari Camp is a luxury safari camp located in the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in northern Kenya. It is situated on the northern foothills of Mount Kenya and is surrounded by 65,000 acres of protected wilderness.
The camp offers a range of accommodation options, including spacious tents and cottages. Each tent and cottage is equipped with en-suite bathrooms, comfortable beds, and private verandas that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Lewa Safari Camp offers a range of activities for guests to enjoy, including game drives, guided walks, horseback riding, and camel treks. The camp is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, and the endangered Grevy's zebra.
In addition to its wildlife conservation efforts, Lewa Safari Camp is also committed to sustainable tourism practices. The camp uses solar power to generate electricity, harvests rainwater, and employs local staff members who are trained in sustainable tourism practices.
Lewa Safari Camp is a fantastic destination for travelers who are looking for an authentic safari experience in a beautiful and conservation-focused setting.
Why Go to Lewa Safari Camp
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy–World renowned wildlife conservancy, cutting edge rhino and community based conservation.
Wildlife, specifically black rhino–Lewa is home to over65 endangered black rhino and the world’s largest population of the endangered Grevy’szebra
Highly qualified guides–Within the mandate of Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, guides receive outstanding training, from courses by the Museums of Kenya about the archaeological digs within Lewa to up-to-the minute research being done on the conservancy.All the guides have a Bronzeor Silver Level KPGSA certification.
Complete refurbishment and unrivalled game drive vehicles–Since coming under the management of Cheli & Peacock, Lewa Safari Camp has been completely refurbished including using the C&P style of spacious open-sided Land Cruisers. All vehicles feature enhancements specifically designed for comfort and photography, such as charging sockets and camera stands.Latest major refurbishments to the swimming pool and lounge were completed in June 2012.
How to get to Lewa Safari Camp
Lewa Main Airstrip is a 40 minutes’drive from camp.
Once daily scheduled Air Kenya flight departing Nairobi Wilson at 09h15.
Twice daily scheduled Safari Link flight departing Nairobi Wilson at 08h00 and 10h20.
Private Charters from anywhere.
Travel to Lewa Safari Camp By Road
- Lewa Conservancy has very strict vehicle rules
and only authorised vehicles are allowed within the Conservancy. Visitors arriving by road have to be collected from the Conservancy headquarters
- Road transfer in Elewana vehicle to/from any of Elewana’s other Northern properties or Nanyuki (travel times between 2 and 5 hours)
Ready to book your holiday at Lewa Safari Camp ? Contact us for the best rates.
- Stunning Wild Location
- Luxury Tented Camp
- Full Board Accommodation
- Shared morning and afternoon game drives
- Scheduled activities
What are the 2023 Prices for Lewa Safari Camp?
Here are Lewa Safari Camp Resident Rates:
Lewa Safari Camp Rates
|Lewa Safari Camp Prices||Game Package|
|1st Jul 2023 – 31st Oct 2023
Validity: 30 Days to Arrival
|KES 55,100/- PPS||KES 75,940/- PP|
|1st Nov 2023 – 19th Dec 2023||KES 40,510/- PPS||KES 54,050/- PP|
|20th Dec 2023 – 3rd Jan 2024
Validity: 30 Days to Arrival
|KES 55,100/- PPS||KES 75,940/- PP|
|4th Jan 2023 – 31st Mar 2023||KES 40,510/- PPS||KES 54,050/- PP|
|1st Apr 2024 – 31st May 2024||KES 37,820/- PPS||KES 50,020/- PP|
Lewa Safari Camp Prices/Rates are in KES, Per Person, Per Night, Game Package
Safari Tent Occupancy: 2 Adults + 1 Child
Minimum Stay: 2 Nights
Lewa Safari Camp Game Package includes:
Full Board Accommodation, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, water , tea, coffee and, laundry services, scheduled game drives and scheduled activities, transfers
to/from the designated Airstrip
KES 4,800/- for Adults, Per Night
KES 2,400/- for Children under 18 years, Per Nighty
Drink supplement Includes: Soft drinks, house wines, beers, & select spirits.
Drink supplement Excludes: Champagne, cognacs, single malt whiskeys,
premium spirits and wines from Elewana’s exclusive cellar wine list
Lewa Conservancy Fee (Mandatory, Per Day):
Per Adult: KES 2,950.00
Per Child: KES 1,475.00
Up to 5.9 years, Sharing with Adults: FREE
6 – 12 years, Sharing with Adults: 50% of PPS
12 – 17 years in their Own Room (2 min.) 75% of PPS
1 Child (6 – 17 years) Sharing with 2 Adults: Triple Rate to apply
Vehicle Code of Conduct:
Only 4×4 vehicles which are shades of green or brown in colour are permitted on Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
Saloon 4×4 vehicles and mini-buses are prohibited
Exceptions to this may be authorised by Lewa Conservancy Management
What Hotel Facilities are available at Lewa Safari Camp?
Lewa Safari Camp offers a range of facilities to ensure that guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Some of the main facilities include:
- Accommodation: The camp offers spacious tents and cottages that are designed to provide maximum comfort and privacy. Each unit is equipped with en-suite bathrooms, comfortable beds, and private verandas.
- Dining: The camp has a dining area that serves delicious meals throughout the day. Guests can enjoy a range of international and local dishes that are prepared using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Bar: The camp has a well-stocked bar that serves a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Guests can relax with a drink while taking in the stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Swimming pool: The camp has a large swimming pool that is perfect for a refreshing dip after a long day of game drives and activities.
- Spa: The camp has a spa that offers a range of treatments, including massages, facials, and body scrubs. Guests can unwind and relax while enjoying the serene and peaceful surroundings.
- Gift shop: The camp has a gift shop that sells a range of souvenirs, including traditional Maasai handicrafts, jewelry, and clothing.
- Meeting facilities: The camp has a meeting room that is equipped with modern audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people. This facility is perfect for small conferences and meetings.
Lewa Safari Camp offers a range of facilities that cater to the needs of different types of travelers, from families to couples and solo travelers. The facilities are designed to ensure that guests have a memorable and comfortable stay in the heart of the Kenyan wilderness.
Which Rooms Types are in Lewa Safari Camp?
Lewa Safari Camp Tents
11 ensuite safari tents, all of which can be laid out as doubles or twins. Three of the tents can accommodate triples for children under 16 only.
Each thatch-covered tent consists of a main bedroom, en-suite bathroom and a spacious verandah. Let us know if you require twin beds or a double bed.
2 Family Tent suites – each family suite consists of two ensuite safari tents (one double, one twin) with a shared verandah
Lewa Safari Camp Family Suites
Lewa Safari Camp’s two new Family Tents are the ideal accommodation for families with children. Under a thatched roof, the spacious canvas tents each comprise of an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin room, which are joined together by a private veranda/sitting area with stunning views over the Lewa plains. The en-suite bathrooms have flush toilets and hot water showers. An extra bed for a third child under 16 years can be accommodated in one of the Family Tents to accommodate a family of 5.
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Lewa Safari Camp?
Lewa Safari Camp offers a range of delicious and nutritious food options, including local and international dishes that are prepared using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The camp has a dining area that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as snacks and drinks throughout the day. Some of the main features of the food and drinks at Lewa Safari Camp include:
- Local and international cuisine: The camp offers a range of local and international dishes, including Kenyan specialties such as nyama choma (grilled meat) and sukuma wiki (braised collard greens). International options include pasta, pizza, and salads.
- Fresh, locally sourced ingredients: The camp uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients to prepare the food, including fruits, vegetables, and meats from local farmers and suppliers.
- Special dietary requirements: The camp can cater to special dietary requirements, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. Guests should inform the camp of their dietary requirements in advance.
- Dining options: Guests can choose to dine in the main dining area or in a more intimate setting, such as a bush breakfast or dinner under the stars.
- Bar: The camp has a well-stocked bar that serves a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails. Guests can relax with a drink while taking in the stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
The food and drinks at Lewa Safari Camp are of high quality, and the camp is committed to using locally sourced ingredients and catering to guests' dietary requirements. Guests can enjoy a range of dining options and relax with a drink at the bar after a long day of game drives and activities.
Which Hotel Activities are available for guests at Lewa Safari Camp?
Lewa Safari Camp offers a wide range of activities for guests to enjoy during their stay. Some of the main activities include:
- Shared game drives in 4x4 Land Cruisers: Guests can explore the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy on shared game drives led by experienced guides. The game drives take place early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the animals are most active.
- Guided bush walks: Guests can take guided bush walks through the conservancy to learn about the flora and fauna of the region. The walks are led by knowledgeable guides who provide insights into the local wildlife and their habitats.
- Bush breakfasts: Guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast in the heart of the bush, surrounded by wildlife and stunning landscapes. This is a unique experience that allows guests to connect with nature and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Sundowners: Guests can enjoy a drink and snacks as they watch the sun go down over the African savannah. This is a great way to unwind after a day of game drives and other activities.
- Horse-riding for experienced riders: Guests who are experienced riders can go on horseback safaris through the conservancy. This is a unique and exhilarating way to explore the wilderness and see the wildlife up close.
- Educational talks on the history and the day-to-day operation of the Conservancy: Guests can attend talks and presentations on the history and the day-to-day operations of the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. This is a great way to learn about the conservation efforts in the area and the challenges faced by wildlife conservationists.
- Gift shop: Guests can browse and purchase souvenirs, gifts, and mementos from the gift shop. The shop sells a range of locally made crafts, jewelry, clothing, and other items.
- Massages, manicures, and pedicures: Guests can relax and unwind with a range of spa treatments, including massages, manicures, and pedicures. These treatments are offered at the spa and are designed to help guests relax and rejuvenate.
Overall, Lewa Safari Camp offers a wide range of activities that cater to the needs and interests of different types of travelers. Guests can choose from a range of activities to create a personalized safari experience that they will never forget.
Honeymoon at Lewa Safari Camp
Lewa Safari Camp is an excellent choice for a honeymoon, offering a unique and romantic safari experience in the heart of the African wilderness. The camp offers a range of features and services that are designed to cater to the needs and interests of honeymooners, including:
- Private and secluded accommodations: The camp offers private and secluded accommodations, including luxurious tents that are spaced out to provide maximum privacy and tranquility.
- Romantic dining experiences: The camp offers a range of romantic dining experiences, including bush dinners under the stars and breakfast in the bush.
- Couples massages: The camp has a spa that offers a range of massages and treatments, including couples massages that are perfect for honeymooners looking to unwind and relax.
- Private game drives: The camp can arrange private game drives for honeymooners, providing an exclusive and intimate safari experience.
- Champagne and other special touches: The camp can arrange special touches for honeymooners, such as champagne on arrival and rose petals on the bed.
- Personalized itinerary: The camp can create a personalized itinerary for honeymooners, incorporating their interests and preferences into the safari experience.
Lewa Safari Camp is an excellent choice for honeymooners looking for a unique and romantic safari experience. The camp offers a range of features and services that are designed to cater to the needs and interests of honeymooners, and the stunning natural setting provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable honeymoon.