Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge
Masai Mara Serena Safari Lodge is one of the pioneer establishments in the Masai Mara and they have not lost their touch. this is the ultimate lodge for the traditional African safari experience. Located very centrally in the famous ‘Mara Triangle’ in the Masai Mara National Reserve.
Serena Masai Mara is set high on a bush-cloaked hill with long views over the savannah and down to the winding coils of the hippo-filled Mara River.
The strategic setting of the Mara Serena Safari Lodge in a hilly area provides guests with an exclusive and breathtaking view of the Wildebeest Migration, one of the most exciting natural events in the world. The 5-star lodge is made up of twin rows of individual rooms that borrow inspiration from a traditional Masai layout.
Each of the rooms in Serena Masai Mara Lodge has an awe-inspiring view of the Mara River. A private balcony and a spacious seating area ensure that one enjoys the best of unspoiled African beauty blended with international sophistication. The lodge has an airstrip where clients on our Masai Mara Serena flying package land.
Mara Serena is the main lodge inside the Mara Triangle. Mara Serena is in a great location with probably the best view in the whole of the Mara. It is a large lodge with over 70 rooms.
Extra activities at Serena Masai Mara include night game drives, hot air ballooning, hippo breakfasts, and bush dinners.
During the legendary migration of the wildebeest, Masai Mara Serena is a great lodge to stay in. Mara Serena stands at the center-stage to one of Africa’s most dramatic wildlife arenas. Get a ringside seat for the ‘greatest wildlife show on earth.
How to get to Masai Mara Serena Lodge
Location Mara Serena Safari Lodge is located at the very centre of the famous Mara Triangle of the Masai Mara National Reserve, which lies 320 kilometres from Nairobi.
By Road: From Nairobi take approximately 5 hours
By Air: For clients on a Mara Serena flying package, there is a flight of approximately 1 hour from Wilson airport Nairobi. Mara Serena Airstrip is 2 km from lodge, ‘Meet and greet and transfer services can be provided for clients on the flying package ( Please advise arrival time in advance)
Climate: The Reserve receives the highest rainfall (average 1000 mm pa) in the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem. Rain falls throughout the year but peaks in December, January and April.
Ready to book your holiday at Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge ? Contact us for the best rates.
What are the 2023 Prices for Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge?
Here are Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge Resident Rates:
Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge Rates
Mara Serena Safari Lodge Child Policy:
Up to 5.9 years: FREE (Sharing)
6 – 12 years Sharing Room with Adult: 50% of PPS
13 – 17 years Sharing Room with Adult: 75% of PPS
6 – 17 years in Own Room: 75% of PPS
Masai Mara Reserve 2023 Park Fees:
|Masai Mara Park Fees||KE||EA||NON RESIDENT|
|Validity: 24 Hours
||CITIZEN||RESIDENT||Inside Park||Outside Park|
|Adult Park Fee||KES 1,000.00||KES 1,200.00||USD 70.00||USD 70.00|
|Children Park Fee||KES 300.00||KES 500.00||USD 40.00||USD 45.00|
What you have to know about Masai Mara Park Fees:
Staying Inside Masai Mara Park Fees(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges INSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Staying Outside Masai Mara Park Fee Rates(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges OUTSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Masai Mara Citizen Entry Fees and Masai Mara Resident Entry Fees
Citizen Entry Fees: Guests visiting Masai Mara Reserve are required to present their Kenya National IDs
Resident Entry Fees: For residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda
||| Residents visiting the Masai Mara Reserve are required to: present their passports or show work permits or appropriate visa/s as proof of residency status
What Hotel Facilities are available at Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge?
Serena Mara Facilities offers a wide range of amenities and services to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The following is a detailed breakdown of the various facilities available:
- Business Center: A fully equipped business center with high-speed internet and printing facilities, catering to the needs of corporate travelers.
- Conference Facilities: State-of-the-art conference facilities, equipped with audiovisual equipment, projection screens, and comfortable seating, perfect for hosting business meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Restaurant and Bar: The on-site restaurant offers an extensive menu featuring local and international cuisine. The bar serves a wide range of beverages and cocktails.
- Outdoor Pool: The outdoor pool is a perfect place to relax and unwind. The pool area also features a sundeck and poolside bar.
- Free WiFi: Free high-speed internet access is available throughout the property, ensuring that you stay connected with family, friends, and business associates.
- Local Entertainment: The hotel organizes local entertainment, including traditional dance performances and music concerts, giving you a taste of the local culture.
- Maisha Safari Spa and Gym:In the Serena Masai Mara, this is a uniquely panoramic and spacious gym facility with running machines, cross-trainer, exercise bikes and a series of benches and multi-station weights. The gym also offers a steam-room, sauna, male and female changing/shower rooms, juice bar and candle-lit relaxation area.The Masai Mara Serena Spa offers two dedicated treatment rooms with en suite showers, access to sauna, steam, relaxation area and juice bar. All treatments are administered by trained professionals and include a wide range of massages, body-brush or scrubs, facials, manicures, pedicures, reflexology, aromatherapy and specially tailored holistic spa indulgences.
- Forex, Travel, and 24-hour Medical Services: The hotel offers forex services, travel arrangements, and 24-hour medical assistance, ensuring that all your needs are taken care of.
- Central Dining Room, Internal and External Bar: The hotel features a central dining room, as well as internal and external bars, perfect for socializing with friends and family.
- Gift Shop and Business Centre: The gift shop offers a range of local crafts and souvenirs, while the business center is perfect for conducting business while away from the office.
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only): Satellite TV is available in communal areas, including the bar and lounge, ensuring that you can catch up on your favorite shows and sports events.
Which Rooms Types are in Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge?
Masai Mara Serena Rooms
The tastefully presented accommodation in Serena Masai Mara is made up of ensuite rooms, each of which is accommodated in twin ‘wings’ which radiate out from the central building. Each spacious modular room is set slightly in front of its neighbour, thus allowing uninterrupted views of the famous Mara River, the heart of the Masai Mara.
Total number of rooms:75 including 8 sets inter-connecting rooms 1 suite (The Mara Suite) 28 Double rooms (king size beds) 38 twin rooms 8 triple rooms (on request basis)
Mara Serena Lodge Rooms
Mara Serena tastefully presented accommodation is made up of en-suite rooms. Each spacious modular room is set slightly in front of its neighbor. While in any Mara Serena room you will have uninterrupted views of the famous the Masai Mara plains.
Mara Serena Suite
Equally viable as a presidential, honeymoon or VIP venue, the lodge’s spacious and generously-appointed Mara Suite give you much need privacy. The Suite is always on demand you would have to book early to get it.
Masai Mara Serena Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Free Wi-Fi
- Mosquito nets
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary mineral water and toiletries
- Valet, laundry, shoe-shine
- Hair dryers and safes (from reception)
- 240V/3-pin (square) sockets and shaver socket
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge?
The Masai-inspired Serena Masai Mara dining room overlooks both the rooms and the pool and offers magnificent views across the plains of the Masai Mara and down to the river. Decorated with traditional Maasai motifs, it offers open-plan seating (inside and outside) and a relaxed atmosphere.
Linked to the Serena Masai Mara dining room is a welcoming bar area, which also offers exterior seating around the campfire. Breakfast and lunch are presented in buffet-style and feature a wide range of international choices. In typical safari style, we offer a ‘full English Breakfast’ as well as European options while our lunch menus will typically include meat, poultry, fish and vegetarian options.
The five-course table d’hôte dinner menus feature a wide array of choices and vegetarian options are always available.For those that have dreamt of dining in the wilds of the MasaiMara, the Bush Dining experiences are incomparable. Serena Masai Mara are expert in arranging breakfasts, lunches, dinners and cocktails in the bush.
With a number of dedicated sites (by the hippo pool, on panoramic Look-out Hill or on the savannah plains), which are typically presented with tables, safari chairs, ‘bush bar’ and a ‘bush kitchen’, where a broad range of meats, poultry, fish and vegetables are cooked on-site (supplemented by fresh soups, salads and desserts from our hotel kitchens). In the evenings, ‘sun-downer’ cocktails are traditionally served in a number of venues –some around a campfire with long views over the Mara, others by the famous Mara River. Sundowners can also be followed by a lamp-lit bush dinner at Serena Masai Mara.
Which Hotel Activities are available for guests at Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge?
Things to do at Serena Masai Mara Lodge
World renowned for the breath-taking spectacle of ‘the greatest wildlife show on earth’, the awe inspiring annual wildebeest migration, the Mara is Kenya’s most visited protected area. Technically an extension of Tanzania’s renowned Serengeti National Park, the Mara constitutes only 4% of the entire Serengeti ecosystem but its rolling grasslands, meandering rivers and towering escarpments offer one of the world’s most rewarding and evocative wildlife arenas. Offering an abundance of herbivores, the Mara makes the ideal hunting ground for Kenya’s famous ‘big cats’ and hosts her largest population of lions. It also offers the best chance of spotting a leopard in the wild. Other predators include cheetah and spotted hyena.In the Maa language, the common tongue of the Il-Maasai clans, the word ‘Mara’ means ‘spotted’ and is thought to refer to the patchy mosaic of bushes and trees that define the Mara plains.
|Hippo – Pool Breakfast with “Bubbly”||$ 40.00|
|***Bush Barbeque Lunch||$ 35.00|
|***Exotic Serena Masai Mara Dinner (Exclusive beverages)||$ 40.00|
|***Exotic Serena Masai Mara Dinner (Inclusive beverages)||$ 55.00|
|Lunch only (Per person)||$ 30.00|
|***Sundowner “Bubbly Cocktail”||$ 35.00|
|Romantic Dinner by the Pool||$ 35.00|
|**Star lit dinner (Per person inclusive of beverages)||$ 65.00|
|Ololoolo Escarpment Hiking Expedition (Per person)||$ 70.00|
|Visit to Maasai village||$ 70.00|
|Guided nature walk||$ 30.00|
|Maasai wedding blessing (Per event)||$ 565.00|
|Maasai Dancers (Per performance)||$ 190.00|
|Cultural Talk (Per person)||$ 25.00|
|Serena Masai Mara Game Drives Serena|
|Masai Mara Day game drive (Per person, Seat basis)||$ 70.00|
|Night game drive (Per person, Seat basis)||$ 85.00|
Please note activities might attract an extra charge.
What Extra Services does Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge offer?
- Serena Masai Mara Family rooms
- Triple rooms( on request basis )
- Baby-sitting, children’s dining/menus
- Swimming pool
- Multi-lingual Secretarial support
- 24-hour global connectivity
- Conference capacity -50 pax
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full audio-visual and technical support services
- Catering ,incentives and organizational support
Contact us to book your team building, conferences or wedding at Serena Masai Mara Safari Lodge.