Karen Blixen Camp
Karen Blixen Camp is set on the bank of the Mara River with the impressive Oloololo Escarpment in the front and the Mara plains behind; the location is spectacular; throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas
come for a drink while a large hippo pod restlazily in the river.
Karen Blixen Masai Mara Camp situated in the beautiful Mara North Conservancy that forms the vital northwestern zone of the Masai Mara Ecosystem. The conservancy borders the Masai Mara National Reserve in the south of Kenya and is part of the Mara-Serengeti Ecosystem.
How to get to Karen Blixen Camp
By air: 45 minutes from Nairobi.
By Road: 5 to 6 hours from Nairobi
Karen Blixen Camp offers an authentic ‘yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture.
Long gone are the days when staying in a tented camp meant roughing it. You will find that Karen Blixen Camp is a step back in time with the luxury of today.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
Flush toilet …………………………….. Yes
Hot water ………………………………. Yes
Hair dryer ………………………………. Yes
Safety box ……………………………… Yes
Telephone….. Mobile phone limited signal
Air condition/room fans……………….. No
Check out time ……………………… 11am
Credit card……………… Visa/Master Card
Exclusive use of 4X4 Game vehicle… At extra cost and subject to availability.
Mara North Conservancy
Mara North Conservancy is a beautiful wilderness area of more than 30,000 Ha. The Conservancy is a not-for-profit public company established on the 1st of January 2009 as a partnership between 10 member camps and over 800 Masai landowners. The aim is to create a best-practice, world-class conservancy with long term commitments to
the environment, wildlife and local communities.
RECOMMENDED LENGTH OF STAY
We recommend a stay for minimum 3 nights to ensure enough time to enjoy the beautiful wildlife.
The hottest months tend to be October, January and February, whilst July and August can be quite cold, particularly during the evening and night when a warm sweater or jacket is recommended. Temperatures range from 15-35 C.
The risk of malaria is not high but it is recommended, that you take the necessary precautions and consult your physician before travelling.
The long rains generally start in mid April and last till mid June, whilst the short rains fall during the month of November. Even during these ‘green’ seasons it generally rains at night, with bright skies during the day.
Recommended equipment and attire:
Light informal clothing such as shorts,
t-shirts, dresses and sandals
Hat or a cap
Ready to book your holiday at Karen Blixen Camp ? Contact us for the best rates.
What are the 2023 Prices for Karen Blixen Camp?
Here are Karen Blixen Camp Resident Rates:
Karen Blixen Camp Rates
|1st Mar 2023 – 31st May 2023||KES 78,600/- PPS||KES 99,500/- PPS|
|1st Jun 2023 – 30th Jun 2023||KES 90,100/- PPS||KES 114,200/- PPS|
|1st Jul 2023 – 30th Sep 2023||[-]||[-]|
|1st Oct 2023 – 31st Oct 2023||KES 78,600/- PPS||KES 99,500/- PPS|
|1st Nov 2023 – 15th Dec 2023||KES 90,100/- PPS||KES 114,200/- PPS|
Karen Blixen Camp Rates (above) are in KES, Per Person Sharing
Single Room Occupancy:
1st Mar – 31st May 2023: No Single Room Supplement (max 3 Singles per Group/Family)
1st Nov – 15th Dec 2023: No Single Room Supplement (max 3 Singles per Group/Family)
Jun 2023 & Oct 2023: No Single Room Supplement (max 3 Singles per Group/Family)
Only Green, Beige or Earth Coloured Safari Landcruiser/Landrovers are allowed in Mara North Conservancy
Karen Blixen Camp Flying Package Rates include:
Full Board Accommodation
Wilson-Nairobi/Masai Mara Return Flights
2 Way Masai Mara Airstrip Transfers
Drinks, except Premium Spirits and Sparkling Wines
Unlimited Shared Game Drives
1 Complimentary Night Game Drive
1 Complimentary Shared Bush Breakfast
Karen BlixenCamp Child Rates/Policy applies, contact us for applicable Child Rates
Masai Mara Reserve 2023 Park Fees:
|Masai Mara Park Fees||KE||EA||NON RESIDENT|
|Validity: 24 Hours
||CITIZEN||RESIDENT||Inside Park||Outside Park|
|Adult Park Fee||KES 1,000.00||KES 1,200.00||USD 70.00||USD 70.00|
|Children Park Fee||KES 300.00||KES 500.00||USD 40.00||USD 45.00|
What you have to know about Masai Mara Park Fees:
Staying Inside Masai Mara Park Fees(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges INSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Staying Outside Masai Mara Park Fee Rates(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges OUTSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Masai Mara Citizen Entry Fees and Masai Mara Resident Entry Fees
Citizen Entry Fees: Guests visiting Masai Mara Reserve are required to present their Kenya National IDs
Resident Entry Fees: For residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda
||| Residents visiting the Masai Mara Reserve are required to: present their passports or show work permits or appropriate visa/s as proof of residency status
What Hotel Facilities are available at Karen Blixen Camp?
Karen Blixen Camp offers a range of facilities to ensure that guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The facilities available include:
- Restaurant and Lounge Area: The camp has a restaurant that serves delicious meals, and a lounge area with a home-style bar where guests can relax and unwind.
- Comfortable Sofas: The lounge area is furnished with comfortable sofas, providing guests with a cozy place to sit and socialize.
- Gift Shop: There is a gift shop on-site where guests can purchase souvenirs and gifts to take home.
- Wifi Gazebo: The camp has a wifi gazebo with wireless internet access, providing guests with the convenience of staying connected while in the midst of nature.
- Swimming Pool: The camp has a swimming pool where guests can cool off and enjoy a refreshing swim.
- Spa: The camp’s spa offers a wide range of wellness treatments, including massages, facials, and body treatments, providing guests with a chance to unwind and relax.
- Balcony Area Overlooking Mara River: The camp has a balcony area that overlooks the Mara River, providing guests with a stunning view of the surrounding landscape.
- Kikao Meeting Place: The camp has a Kikao meeting place where guests can gather and hold meetings, seminars, or workshops in a serene and peaceful environment.
Which Rooms Types are in Karen Blixen Camp?
Luxury En Suite: All rooms at Karen Blixen Camp come equipped with a luxury en suite that includes a washroom and an outdoor shower. This allows guests to experience the beauty of the Mara while enjoying the comfort and privacy of their own room.
Karen Blixen Camp offers guests a range of room types to suit their individual needs and preferences. The room types available include:
- Double Rooms: These rooms are designed for two guests and come equipped with a large front balcony that provides a stunning view of the Mara river.
- Triple Rooms: These rooms are designed for three guests and come equipped with a large front balcony that provides a stunning view of the Mara river.
- Quad Rooms: These rooms are designed for four guests and come equipped with a large front balcony that provides a stunning view of the Mara river.
Mosquito Proof Tents: All rooms at Karen Blixen Camp are designed as mosquito-proof tents, ensuring that guests are protected from insects and other pests while they sleep. Overall, the rooms at Karen Blixen Camp are designed to provide guests with a comfortable and luxurious stay, while allowing them to fully immerse themselves in the beauty of the natural surroundings.