Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club
Surrounded on three sides by the Mara River, and on the edge of the world’s Seventh “New” Wonder of the World – the Maasai Mara – Fairmont Mara Safari Club is the epitome of tented luxury.
Tucked peacefully in the north-western corner of the renowned Maasai Mara Game Reserve – home to the great wildebeest migration – and surrounded on three sides by the Mara River. Connecting modern comforts to the adventures of this incredible African Savannah is Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club. The club luxuriously furnished tents overlooking the hippo and crocodile filled Mara River below, outdoor swimming pool, lounge and restaurant with exciting game drives accompanied by the most scenic dining experiences in the bush; Fairmont Mara Safari Club exceeds expectations.
The Fairmont Mara Safari Club is positioned on an ox-bow of the Mara River so that all en-suite tents have a view of the hippo-filled river. Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Kenya is surrounded by well-cultivated gardens dotted among indigenous trees.
When thinking Luxury Masai Mara Resort or Hotel think Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club. When looking for the ultimate luxury trip to the Mara, the Fairmont Mara Safari Club is the place to visit. From a champagne breakfast to hot air balloon safaris that give you a bird’s eye view of the endless plains, the Fairmont Mara takes luxury to another level.
While staying in Fairmont Mara, You can choose to stroll along the Hippo trails under the watchful eye of a Masai Moran. With the tents overlooking the Mara River, you will have a view that will forever remain etched in their memories.
The outdoor dining at Fairmont Hotel Masai Mara is an experience to look forward to. This will feature international and African cuisine, accompanied by a traditional music show, giving you an awesome Masai Mara Experience.
To access the Club we recommend that you use a 4 by 4 vehicle. Safari Land Cruisers are perfect for this. When flying to Fairmont Mara Safari Club book a flight that will land you at Ngerende airstrip, located only 10 minutes from the Club.
The Maasai Mara is the home of of the ‘Big 5’,get a close view of them from the luxury of our open safari vehicles or a hot air balloon. Go on a bird walk with our naturalist or opt for a fly fishing safari. Whatever you choose you are sure to have a memorable experience.
1. Visas: Many nationalities are able to obtain a Visa upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi at a cost of USD 50.00 per person, payable in cash only.
2. What to Pack: You may experience great changes in climates as you move through East Africa, and we assure you that the natural surroundings will bring out a desire to be active. Temperatures can range from a high of 35C to a low of 10C in the evening in the mountain areas.
Hiking/Safari boots and/or a purpose made walking shoe are the best alternatives. Running shoes are also comfortable and provide good flexibility. Bring a warm fleece pullover, as nights in the Kenyan winter season at altitude can be cool. Shorts and pants should be light and comfortable, as you will be on the move, and should be easily washable .
Sunglasses and a hat are also key items to have! Sunscreen, insect repellent and other comfort items can be purchased locally and with travel restrictions in most airports, and the threat of spill in your luggage, we recommend that you get them here.
Do not forget your camera and, if you own a pair, a set of field glasses (binoculars) to help you stalk the Big 5.
How to get to
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club
BY ROAD: 300 km from Nairobi By road: 6 hours from Nairobi.
BY AIR: 1 hr from Nairobi Wilson Airport and 2 hrs from Mombasa Airport to Ngerende airstrip.
SITE: Masai Mara, Set at the foot of the Aitong Hills
CLIMATE: Mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26° C during the day and 12° C at night. Sporadic rains in March and April, November and December.
Ready to book your holiday at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club ? Contact us for the best rates.
What are the 2023 Prices for Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club?
Here are Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Resident Rates:
What Does PPS Mean? PPS (Per Person Sharing) means cost Per Adult when sharing the Room with another. Example KES 10,000/- PPS means, 2 Adults in 1 Room pay KES 20,000/-
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Rates
|1st Apr 2023 – 6th Apr 2023||KES 78,500/- PPS||KES 96,100/- PPS|
|7th Apr 2023 – 9th Apr 2023||[-]||[-]|
|10th Apr 2023 – 30th Jun 2023||KES 78,500/- PPS||KES 96,100/- PPS|
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Flying Package Rates (above) are in KES, Per Person Sharing
Single Room Occupancy: Supplement to apply
Excludes: Fairmont Conservancy Fees and Masai Mara Park Fees, where applicable
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Flying Package Rates include:
Full Board Accommodation
Wilson-Nairobi/Masai Mara Return Flights
2 Way Masai Mara Airstrip Transfers
2 Shared Game Drives, Per Day
1 Deck Dinner with a bottle of house wine during the stay
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Child Rates/Policy applies, contact us for applicable Child Rates
Masai Mara Reserve 2023 Park Fees:
|Masai Mara Park Fees||KE||EA||NON RESIDENT|
|Validity: 24 Hours
||CITIZEN||RESIDENT||Inside Park||Outside Park|
|Adult Park Fee||KES 1,000.00||KES 1,200.00||USD 70.00||USD 70.00|
|Children Park Fee||KES 300.00||KES 500.00||USD 40.00||USD 45.00|
What you have to know about Masai Mara Park Fees:
Staying Inside Masai Mara Park Fees(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges INSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Staying Outside Masai Mara Park Fee Rates(Non-residents):
Masai Mara Park Entry Fees applicable to Guests staying in Camps and Lodges OUTSIDE the Masai Mara Reserve
Masai Mara Citizen Entry Fees and Masai Mara Resident Entry Fees
Citizen Entry Fees: Guests visiting Masai Mara Reserve are required to present their Kenya National IDs
Resident Entry Fees: For residents of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi and Rwanda
||| Residents visiting the Masai Mara Reserve are required to: present their passports or show work permits or appropriate visa/s as proof of residency status
What Hotel Facilities are available at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club?
Facilities at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club are designed to provide guests with a comfortable and memorable safari experience, with luxurious accommodations and a range of amenities and activities to enjoy.
- Tents: The tents at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club are spacious and luxurious, with private decks that overlook the Mara River. Guests can often see hippos and crocodiles from their decks, adding to the safari experience. The tents feature four-poster beds with pillow-top mattresses and fine linens, creating a comfortable and inviting space to relax in. Each tent also has a private 3-piece en-suite bathroom with both cold running water and solar-heated water, ensuring guests have access to hot water throughout the day.
- Refreshment center and in-room safe: Each tent at the resort has a refreshment center with a selection of drinks and snacks, as well as an in-room safe for guests to store their valuables.
- Outdoor swimming pool: The resort has an outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Mara River, providing a refreshing spot to cool off after a day of safari activities. The pool area also has loungers and umbrellas for guests to relax and soak up the sun.
- Private dining facilities: For a special and intimate dining experience, guests can opt for private dining on their deck, with a personal butler to attend to their needs.
- Reception area, retail shop, and library: The main building of the resort houses a warm reception area, where guests can check-in and out and receive assistance from the concierge. There is also a retail shop selling souvenirs and essentials, as well as a library equipped with books and board games. Complimentary internet access is also available in the main building.
- Business center: For guests who need to stay connected during their stay, the resort has a business center with computers and printing services.
- Restaurant and bar: The resort's restaurant serves international cuisine, with a focus on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. The bar overlooks the Mara River and serves a variety of drinks, including cocktails made with fresh fruit.
- Local entertainment: The resort often hosts local entertainment, such as Maasai dance performances, providing guests with an opportunity to learn more about the local culture and traditions.
Which Rooms Types are in Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club?
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Rooms
Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Rooms has 51 luxuriously furnished tents with four-poster beds and en suite facilities also have spacious private decks overlooking the river giving a vantage view of the crocodiles and hippos below. The 51 tents reflect the rich local Maasai heritage complete with modern day amenities. Important to note, Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club is a luxury tented camp and it not a game lodge.
Each of the tents have a four poster, pillow-top bed and a veranda overlooking the hippo and crocodile-infested river. Each is superbly furnished with its own private, three-piece bathroom.
Fairmont Mara Safari Club Room Types
- Riverfront Double
- Riverfront Deluxe Double
- Riverfront Twin
- Duma Suite
Riverfront Deluxe Tent
The Fairmont Mara Safari Club Riverfront Deluxe Tents have a four-poster bed, a three-piece ensuite bathroom with hot water and power, as well as an outdoor shower. They have a lovely viewing deck. They are ideal for couples.
The Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club Riverfront Tents have one or two four-poster beds, an ensuite shower with hot water and power. There is also a lovely viewing deck. This room is ideal for families. The Room with 2 beds can accommodate 2 Adults and 2 Children.
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club?
The Club hosts an indoor restaurant and bar for your dining pleasure. Outdoor dining is enhanced with the creation of a boma, a structure influenced by traditional homesteads, where guests can enjoy a cultural dinner reflecting the African cuisine with rich musical accompaniment.
The Fairmont Mara Safari Club dining room is located in the main building. Evenings are cozy in the softly lit area. The menu is a cosmopolitan combination of European, African and Asian dishes, made from the abundance of fresh Kenyan produce. Lunch is at times served at the bush restaurant. Something to always look forward to when in Fairmont Masai Mara Kenya Safari Club.
The Lounge and Main bar at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club are in the heart of the main building. Arranged to create ‘private’ seating areas, the decor is reminiscent of the hunting lodges of yesteryear – comfy leather furniture, carved side tables and artifacts from the region.
WHERE TO WINE AND DINE
With a tantalizing menu using locally sourced organic foods including fresh herbs and vegetables from our own organic garden, the dining experience at The Fairmont Mara Safari Club is a safari in itself.
- DINING ROOM AND DECK : The dining room features a deck facing the river and is carved out of wood beams and glass, allowing natural light to filter in to the high-ceilinged, spacious room. The all-day cosmopolitan menu comprises of European, African and Asian dishes.
- MAIN LOUNGE AND BAR: With its warm furnishings and the gentle glow of the fireplace, provides the perfect setting for an evening cocktail. The Lounge is also the venue for the Maasai dancers, slide shows and lectures that the resort hosts; its decor showcases Maasai artifacts and works by local artisans.
- BOMA: This an outdoor dining structure at Fairmont Mara Safari Club influenced by traditional homesteads, where guests can enjoy a culturally authentic dinner accompanied by rich musical entertainment.
- THE POOL BAR: This Fairmont Mara Safari Club provides beverage service as well as light snacks and outdoor lunches.
- IN ROOM DINING: In the privacy of your own tent at Fairmont Hotel Masai Mara.
- UNIQUE DINING EXPERIENCES: From a bush breakfast, an amazing sundowner cocktail on Aitong Hills overlooking the Mara plains, a bush dinner in the African Savannah surrounded by the big-5 to a romantic dinner on your private tent deck, our culinary team is happy to arrange a dining experience that is a truly unforgettable expression of our spectacular region.
Which Hotel Activities are available for guests at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club?
The dramatic sight of rhino, a lioness curled up with her cubs, and the distinctive red cloak of a young tribal warrior crossing the plains, ensure enduring memories of a once in a lifetime trip to the Maasai Mara. Take a drive with us into Kenya’s untamed wilderness. Imagine being totally absorbed in the peace and beauty of an African sunset over the magnificent Mara plains from the lofty heights of the Aitong hills. Here are some activates to spice up your stay at Fairmont Mara Safari Club
|Game Drive: Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club game drive 21/2hrs (min 2 pax) Take a drive through the Mara and experience the changing landscapes.||$ 66 per person|
|Balloon Safari: Balloon flight in the Masai Mara inclusive of champagne breakfast and transfer from and back to Fairmont Mara Safari Club.||$ 410 per person|
|Short Night Game Drive: Big 5 roam freely and allow you front row seats of their daily existence.||$ 56 per person|
|Walking Safari: Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club
Escorted Nature walk + breakfast (min 6 pax)
|$66 per person|
|Walking Safari: Fairmont Mara Safari Club
Escorted Nature walk without breakfast
|$33 per person|
|Bird Walk: With over 500 species of birds, our interpretive walks will exhilarate your senses as you see the vivid colors and varieties complementing the eco-system. Our local naturalists’ enthusiasm and passion will keep you enthralled.
Bird walk with Fairmont Mara Safari Club resident Naturalist (within Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club vast camp grounds)
|Maasai Village Visit||$28 per person|
|Spa Treatments at the Fairmont Mara Safari Club Spa & Wellness
The Club has a heated pool with sunbeds, towels and a lifeguard on stand by. If you wish to stay fit there are yoga mats and exercise balls at your disposal. Or you could opt to relax and unwind with a massage of your choice.
Pamper yourself with one of our massages that are designed to soothe, de-stress and invigorate you rmind and body.
|Back Massage (Swedish technique) 30 minutes. = $53
Face & Head Massage 15 –30 minutes = $40
Full Body Massage 1 hour = $79
|Receptions That Inspire –Offsite: Fairmont Hotel Masai Mara Safari Club, one hour open bar, hot and Cold canapéson the Aitong Hills(Minimum 6 pax)||$99per person|
|Culinary Escapes (Minimum 6 pax)||Bush Breakfast > $40 per person
Bush Dinners > $ 59 per person
Deck Dinner (at Verandah of Guest Tent or at Hippo Point) > $33 per person
Boma Dinner ( Within The Club) > $33 per person
|Fairmont Mara Safari Club Ngerende Touch Down: (This ultimate welcome includes Maasaidancers, eucalyptus scented towels
At the Ngerende Airstrip and welcome cocktail) – Minimum 2 pax
|$40 per person|
Please note activities might attract an extra charge.
What Extra Services does Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club offer?
- For an unforgettable dream wedding, Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club is the ideal destination. The club offers a romantic setting in the wild characterized by exclusivity and wonder – exchange of vows on Aitong Hills, sundowner cocktails with spectacular views of the Mara plains, night game drive and a romantic dinner on the private deck of the luxurious tent overlooking the hippo filled Mara River
- Cultural experiences at Fairmont Mara Safari Club with visits to the neighbouring Maasai village during the day and lectures, discussions and dances showcasing the Maasai culture by the evening bonfire.
- Fairmont Hotel Masai Mara adventure experiences include daily game drives, guided by our experienced drivers and naturalists using our four-wheel-drive vehicles, walking safaris and sunrise balloon safaris floating majestically over the teeming herds of wildlife
- Conservation of the ecosystem – the Club is host to 2 of the remaining white rhinos in the world; giving guests a chance to interact one- on-one with these magnificent animals
- To crown the safari adventure, Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club professional masseuse will indulge you in a private massage in our unique tent located in serene surroundings overlooking the Mara River.
Contact us to book your team building, conferences or wedding at Fairmont Masai Mara Safari Club.