See Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp Flying Safari Packages Rates:
|Travel Period||2 Nights Package||Extra Night|
|01 Sep – 15 Dec||Kes 89,900||Kes 28,550|
Extra Activities in the Package
Park and Conservancy Fees
Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp is a child friendly camp and they do take children of all ages. We understand that family safaris are extremely important and we take considerable time, care and attention to ensure it will be a holiday of a lifetime. We can arrange early dinners and children‟s menus. Special activities for the active older children (through our Maasai Warrior school programme) can also be organized. A nanny is available on request to baby sit when you are out for meals or activities
• Children 0-5 yrs are free of charge
• A child in his/her own room will be charged a single room rate
• A child sharing a Luxury Double Tent with two adults or two other children will be charged the child in third bed rate
• Family Tent – additional children are charged the per child sharing rate (max 6 pax)
The Cottar Safari tradition began in 1919. Almost 100 years on, we continue to provide an unparalleled safari experience to discerning clients in Africa. Extending an era of luxury and quality, we return to the original spirit and essence of ‘safari’, reminiscent of a golden era ~ an era of romance, professional guiding, adventure and elegance. Situated in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti, Maasai Mara and Loliondo reserves, the camp and the area guarantee privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The camp accommodates up to 28 guests in authentic white canvas luxury tents.
The camp spreads over 1 kilometre and has 2 mess tents, so guests are assured a spacious yet intimate environment. The tents include private ensuite dressing rooms and bathrooms, main bedrooms and verandas, with family tents also having a living room with a fireplace.
Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp offers guided walks, runs and e-bike rides, but it’s essential guests follow all the correct procedures for each activity. Experienced riders can rent e-bikes; this involves signing a separate waiver.
Phone signal is limited at Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp– which can be wonderfully liberating – in case of emergency or if you do need to use a telephone, we have a landline in the office. We also have WI-FI throughout the camp, although the strength of the signal varies.
History~ The Cottar family have been operating luxury tented safaris since 1919, and have been part of the Mara community for over 9 decades.
Highly qualified guides~ With only 23Gold-standard „Kenya Professional Safari Guide‟ qualified guides in Kenya, Cottar‟s are pleased to announce they have an impressive 3 Gold-level KPSGA guides, with the remaining guides having their Silver-Level KPSGA qualification. In 2015, the number of Gold guides at Cottar‟s is expected to go up to 4!
Private House ~ exclusive accommodation for a family, special occasion, or high profile guests
Swimming pool ~ one of the only small luxury properties in the Mara with 2 swimming pools (1 at the main camp and a new 25 metre swimming pool at the Private House
Location~ Cottar‟s 1920‟sis set in exquisite hills in a unique private 7,000 acre game concession, adjoining the Serengetiand MaasaiMara game reserves. Cottar’s Private Conservancy: Olderikesi Conservancy, Maasai Mara, Kenya, East Africa
Ready to book your holiday at Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp ? Contact us for the best rates.
Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp tents are all different and have unique layouts, however there are options for additional beds that can be added to some of the tents.
LUXURY DOUBLE TENTS
• Twiga – 1 King four poster (can add 1 single sleigh bed for child max 12 yrs)
• Swara – 1 King four poster (can add 1 single sleigh bed for child max 12 yrs)
• Duma – 1 King four poster (can add 1 single sleigh bed for child max 12 yrs)
• Kudu – 2 Single four poster beds
• Kiboko – 1 King four poster (can add 2 single sleigh beds for child max 12 yrs)
LUXURY FAMILY TENTS
• Tiva – 1 King four poster and 2 single four poster beds. plus a single sleigh bed that can be moved inside for child max 12 yrs (max 5 people)
• Sand – 1 King four poster bed and 2 single four poster beds. plus a single folding bed or a sleigh bed can be moved in for child max 12 yrs – but not both, due to space in this tent (max 5 people)
• Mara – 1 King four poster and 2 single four poster beds and 1 folding single bed. We can move the other available folding bed in if we need to accommodate 4 x kids and 2 x adults in this tent (max 6 people)
• Tana – 1 King four poster and 2 single four poster beds. plus a single sleigh bed for child max 12 yrs that can be moved in (max 5 people)
Communal dining is encouraged, however, Cottar‟s Camp is happy to provide private dining arrangements on request
The camp has a daily set menu. Please inform Cottars about any dietary requirements or allergies prior to arrival. Guests departing in the afternoon will be charged for an extra lunch on their day of departure
We have a passion for the potential of African plant life, the restorative power of essential oils, Africa’s vibrant heritage and the wisdom of our traditional healers. It is these principles that form the basis of our Spa products and services and we turn to the African landscape for the many lessons and ingredients that are used in our Spa to heal, calm and protect. We use only organic African ingredients and allow the guests to choose the ingredients to make their spa experience truly bespoke. We provide one complimentary 30 minute relaxing massage per tent. Additional treatments are listed here.the options to choose from are within the table and listed below it.Manicures and pedicures are also on offer.
Cottars has had the pleasure of organizing many beautiful weddings for our guests -from small, simple ceremonies involving a champagne celebration at the end of a game drive, to larger 3 day events with over 60 guests. Cottars will ensure a stress-free safari experience. We will ensure that all paperwork and arrangements run meticulously smooth, so that the wedding couple can sit back and enjoy their dream wedding.Contact us to book your team building, conferences or wedding at Cottar’s 1920S Safari Camp.