Amboseli Sopa Lodge
Set in 200 acres of private land, and with a rustic charm all of its own, Amboseli Sopa Lodge nestles on the foothills of Africa’s highest and most famous mountain – Mount Kilimanjaro. While the park conserves over six hundred breeding species of birds as well a host of rare and wonderful wildlife, this is also home to the Masai people, perhaps the world’s most renowned African tribe.
Amboseli Sopa Lodge is set within mature wooded gardens with a wide variety of trees and plants which include thorn trees, Acacias, fragrant Frangipanis, colourful bougainvillea and giant cacti which all thrive in these surroundings. The gardens are also home to numerous species of birds as well as monkeys, mongooses, squirrels, duikers, the occasional gazelle and, once in a while, even an ever inquisitive leopard.
Amboseli Sopa Lodge has 83 rooms in total, some with interconnecting doors – ideal for families – and 24 rooms can be turned into triples on request. Two rooms are suitable for the physically challenged, and one room is a honeymoon suite. The rooms are constructed as individual huts, and they are all spacious, with en-suite bathrooms and verandahs. Local materials and colours are used for furnishings, maintaining the African theme. The totally private and spacious honeymoon suite has an ornamental fireplace and kitchenette. A spacious verandah surrounds the suite, ideal for viewing the mountain in its glory.
Location: Edge of Amboseli National Park. 250 Km by road from Nairobi.
Global Cordinates: S 2° 48’ 50.44” E 37° 30’ 12.189”Access: 4 hr drive from Nairobi. 30 min fight from Wilson Airport to Amboseli KWS airstrip. 1 hr transfer from the airstrip to the Lodge.
Accommodation: 83 rooms. Includes1 honeymoon suite, 6 inter-connecting rooms ,2 wheelchair accessible rooms & a presidential suite.
Conferencing: 2 conference rooms. Largest accommodates 110 people, theatre style.
Facilities: bars, lounge, restaurant, out-door dining terrace, swimming pool, gift shop, open-air local craft market. TV in the main bar. WiFi in public areas
Recreational activities: game drives, bush and outdoor dining, nature walks, card & board games.
Ready to book your holiday at Amboseli Sopa Lodge ? Contact us for the best rates.
- 5 Hrs from Nairobi - Easy Drive
- Complete Lodge Experience
- Full Board Accommodation
- Perfect for Families
- Game Drives opportunities
What are the 2023 Prices for Amboseli Sopa Lodge?
Here are Amboseli Sopa Lodge Resident Rates:
Amboseli Sopa Lodge Rates
|Standard Room (FB)||Sharing (PPS)||Single Occupancy|
|1st Jul 2023 – 30th Sep 2023||KES 9,600/- PPS||KES 13,730/- PP|
|1st Oct 2023 – 23rd Dec 2023||KES 8,780/- PPS||KES 12,480/- PP|
|24th Dec 2023 – 26th Dec 2023||KES 14,400/- PPS||KES 18,530/- PP|
|27th Dec 2023 – 30th Dec 2023||KES 9,600/- PPS||KES 13,730/- PP|
|31st Dec 2023 – 1st Jan 2024||KES 14,400/- PPS||KES 18,530/- PP|
Amboseli Sopa Lodge Prices/Rates are in KES, Per Person (Full Board), Per Night
Rates Exclude: Drinks, Amboseli National Park Fees and other Extras
Excluded: Christmas and New Year Supplements
Amboseli Sopa Lodge Children Policy:
Up to 2.9 yrs, Sharing with Adults: FREE
3 – 15 yrs, Sharing with Adults: 50% of PPS
3 – 15 yrs, Sharing in Own Room: 75% of PPS
Amboseli National Park, 2023 KWS Park Fees:
KWS Park Fees
|KENYA CITIZEN||EAST AFRICAN
|Adults (24 Hours)
Child (24 Hours)
What Hotel Facilities are available at Amboseli Sopa Lodge?
Amboseli Sopa Lodge is set within mature wooded gardens with a wide variety of trees and plants which include thorn trees, Acacias, fragrant Frangipanis, colorful bougainvillea and giant cacti which all thrive in these surroundings. The gardens are also home to numerous species of birds as well as monkeys, mongooses, squirrels, duikers, the occasional gazelle and, once in a while, even an ever inquisitive leopard.
Amboseli Sopa Lodge offers a range of facilities to make guests' stay comfortable and enjoyable. These facilities include:
- 24-hour security: The lodge has 24-hour security to ensure guests' safety and peace of mind.
- Bar: The lodge has a bar where guests can enjoy drinks and relax in a cozy atmosphere.
- Barbeque facilities: The lodge has barbeque facilities for guests who wish to have a BBQ.
- Battery charging facilities: The lodge has battery charging facilities for guests who need to charge their electronic devices.
- Communal dining: The lodge has a communal dining area where guests can enjoy meals together.
- Conference centre: The lodge has a conference centre that can accommodate up to 120 guests, making it an ideal venue for conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Eco-friendly: The lodge is committed to eco-friendly practices, such as using renewable energy, recycling, and reducing waste.
- Internet access (complimentary): The lodge offers complimentary internet access to guests.
- Laundry service (available): The lodge offers a laundry service for guests who wish to have their clothes washed.
- Mobile connectivity: The lodge has mobile connectivity, making it easy for guests to stay connected with family and friends.
- Pool: The lodge has a swimming pool where guests can cool off and relax.
- Restaurant: The lodge has a restaurant that serves a variety of dishes, including local and international cuisine.
- Secure parking: The lodge has secure parking for guests who have their own vehicles.
Which Rooms Types are in Amboseli Sopa Lodge?
Amboseli Sopa Lodge Rooms
Amboseli Sopa Lodge has Rustic, well spaced cottages meander through the vast expanse of our mature gardens and house our eighty three guest rooms. These are all brightly decorated with Maasai themed wall murals, and each room has been purpose built to contain either one or two queen sized beds as well as a veranda.
Amboseli Sopa Lodge also has a luxuriously appointed, extremely spacious, two bedroom Presidential suite with a private dining room and an attached kitchenette, and also with a huge lounge and a quite simply vast veranda
83 rooms in total
40 rooms with 2 queen size beds of which, 6 of them have interconnecting doors, ideal for families and 24 rooms can be turned to triples on request.
21 rooms with one king size bed, of which 2 rooms are suitable for the physically challenged, and 1 room is a honeymoon suite.
22 rooms have one queen size bed.
6 of the rooms have interconnecting doors ideal for families.
What are the Foods & Drinks options at Amboseli Sopa Lodge?
The Mawenzi Bar is divided into two by a massive central fire place and a freeform wall with subtly concealed lighting. The inner section has suspended wrought iron, shaded chandeliers, beautiful furnishings made of authentic African driftwood, and its walls are decorated with a multitude of Maasai handicrafts and artifacts.
Hemingway’s Bar is dedicated to the memory of Ernest Hemingway, who died in 1961, and is perched on top of massive boulders at the highest point of the property, it offers uninterrupted 360o views of the surrounding landscapes and is the perfect place for an evening sundowner. Steps lead down from the bar to a grotto with a sand floor and African wooden stools, and it is from here that you can get a closer view of the spotted and striped hyenas, the white tailed mongooses, and the Genet cats which come to feast on the meat we put out for them every night.
The Pool Bar is set in a brightly coloured, rodavel-style building adjacent to the swimming pool’s deep end. A central, decorated pillar supports the conical thatched roof while high tables and chairs fill the floor area beside the bar counters.
The Kibo Restaurant is named after the tallest peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and is a round structure with a thatched palm frond roof following the design of traditional African huts. The glass windows and doors face the mountain, the floor is made of a mixture of multicolored marble shards and clay tiles, and the side of the mantle of the circular, central fire place is decorated with wood carvings of wildlife.
The Mawenzi Terrace is an outdoor dining area set beside the Mawenzi Bar and named after Kilimanjaro’s second highest peak. The terrace is shaded by an enormous Acacia tree whose branches also spread out over the long curve of a natural stone-topped buffet table and its two recessed bar-b-cue grills.
Which Hotel Activities are available for guests at Amboseli Sopa Lodge?
Amboseli Sopa Lodge offers a variety of activities and experiences for guests to make the most of their stay and enjoy the natural beauty of Amboseli National Park. These activities include:
- Nature walk: Guests can take a guided nature walk through the park for an hour at an additional fee.
- Bird walk: Guests can take a guided bird walk for an hour at an additional fee.
- Swimming pool facilities: The lodge has a swimming pool that is available for both adults and children to use.
- Bush breakfast: Guests can enjoy a bush breakfast in a scenic location within the park. A minimum of 12 people is required, and there is an additional fee.
- Champagne bush breakfast: Guests can enjoy a champagne bush breakfast in a scenic location within the park. A minimum of 12 people is required, and there is an additional fee.
- Bush lunch: Guests can enjoy a bush lunch in a scenic location within the park. A minimum of 12 people is required, and there is an additional fee.
- Barbeque lunch & dinner: Guests can enjoy a barbeque lunch or dinner with a minimum of 12 people at an additional fee.
- BBQ dinner & lunch (outdoor): Guests can enjoy a barbeque dinner or lunch outdoors at the lodge.
- Bush dinner: Guests can enjoy a bush dinner in a scenic location within the park. A minimum of 12 people is required, and there is an additional fee.
Weddings and Honeymoons and Amboseli Sopa Lodge
Amboseli Sopa Lodge offers a beautiful and romantic setting for weddings and honeymoons. The lodge provides a range of facilities and services to ensure that couples have a memorable and stress-free experience.
The lodge offers a wedding package that includes:
- A wedding planner to assist with the organization and coordination of the event.
- A choice of ceremony locations within the lodge, including a scenic outdoor setting with views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- A reception venue with catering and decoration services.
- Accommodation for the couple and their guests.
- A wedding cake, champagne toast, and floral arrangements.
- Photography and videography services.
- Entertainment, including a DJ or live music.
For honeymooners, the lodge offers a romantic and secluded setting with breathtaking views of Mount Kilimanjaro. Couples can enjoy a range of activities, including:
- Game drives to see the wildlife of Amboseli National Park.
- Guided nature walks.
- Sundowners with views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Private dinners in a secluded location.
- Spa treatments to relax and rejuvenate.
The lodge also provides honeymoon packages that include accommodation, meals, and activities tailored to couples' preferences and interests.
Overall, Amboseli Sopa Lodge provides a stunning and romantic setting for weddings and honeymoons, with a range of facilities and services to make the experience unforgettable.